After a disaster, local officials and relief workers will be on the scene, but they cannot reach everyone immediately. You could get help in hours, or it may take days. Would your family be prepared to cope with the emergency until help arrives?
Coping with the impact of a disaster is never fun. But much of the inconvenience and discomfort the disaster causes can be reduced by planning alternative ways to take care of your needs.
At first glance, this month's preparedness activity may seem totally overwhelming. But if you take another look, you'll probably find that you already have many of these items.
E-Prep Activities for this Month:
- Review each of the links below and print the supply information. Store it in your Family Disaster Plan notebook for handy reference.
- Check those items you already have on hand.
- Circle those items you don't have, but are important for the comfort of you and your family.
- Choose 2 circled items and add them to your weekly shopping list.
- Next week, choose 2 more items to add to your weekly shopping list.
- Continue adding a couple of items to your weekly shopping list until you have acquired all the supplies you've circled.
- Thereafter, when you make your weekly shopping list, replace any items you've used up or need rotating.